After moving to NYC recently, I've noticed how the polluted air has taken a toll on my skin. As much as I absolutely love the city, I am not a fan of how my skin has reacted to the constant dirt and heat here! So today, I thought I'd show you a simple DIY face mask I love to put on for hydration and to cleanse the oiliness off from all the sweat and dirt. Of course, I love using sheet masks as well but this DIY is gentler for your skin, especially if you have sensitive skin.
YOGURT, LEMON, & HONEY MASK
- 1 TBSP of plain yogurt (no low-fat or fat free)
- 1 TBSP of honey
- 1 tsp of lemon
- Mix the honey with the yogurt.
- Wash the lemon, cut in half and squeeze the juice into the mixture.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Smooth mixture over your face avoiding the eyes.
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and gently wash off.
You can alter how much of each ingredient you put in depending on how you like the consistency of your masks!
- Yogurt has cleansing and healing properties. It nourishes the skin but at the same time can act as a chemical peel due to the acid components in it.
- Lemon soothes the skin tone and lightens dark marks! It has tons of Vitamin C and also works as an exfoliator.
- Honey has antibacterial components which helps fight acne and is extremely soothing to the skin. This is great for sensitive skin!
So whether you're in desperate need to hydrate your skin or you just simply want to pamper yourself, this is a great no fuss and gently DIY face mask. Just an FYI it be best not to use fat free or low-fat yogurt... just plain yogurt will do! It also tastes and smells wonderful which never hurts, right? Enjoy!
Photography & Styling by: Jito